How big an issue is identity theft?
Identity theft affects over 12.6 million people a year. The Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Sentinel Network (CSN) is responsible for collecting information about consumer fraud and identity theft from the FTC and numerous other organizations, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Secret Service, Attorney Generals Offices, and various State and local law enforcement agencies.
Here are some statistics on identity theft and fraud from the Consumer Sentinel Network’s 2013 report.
Reported forms of identity theft include:
Government documents/benefits fraud (34%) – [the most common form of reported identity theft]
Credit card fraud (17%)
Phone or utilities fraud (14%)
Bank fraud (8%)
Employment-related fraud (6%)
Loan fraud (4%).
In the time it takes for you to hit the purchase button in your favorite website shop, a thief could steal your identity. That could mean months of frustration, hours on the phone talking to creditors and lawyers, and hundreds — if not thousands — of dollars to restore your good name. Learn just how common identity theft is and how much it can cost.
How can you protect yourself?
Recovery and Fraud Reimbursement Insurance Coverage
Recovery and Fraud Reimbursement Insurance Coverage is available at very reasonable rates. Here’s what’s covered.
Costs associated with:
- Lost wages up to $5,000.
- Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments.
- Certain legal fees, such as defending any civil suits brought against an insured by creditors or collection agencies or removing any civil judgments wrongfully entered against an insured as a result of the stolen identity.
- Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents.
- Miscellaneous expenses up to $1,000.
- Ordering credit reports and handling postage, phone and shipping fees related to identity theft and fraud.
- The costs of supervising children or elderly relatives.
Freedom Insurance wants to help you take back what’s yours and give you peace of mind once again. With our Identity Recovery and Fraud Reimbursement Coverage, you can rest assured that if someone steals your identity, help is just a phone call away. And this coverage is yours at a great price, too.